Library & Information Sciences
Information collection and organization is becoming a key aspect of daily life for individuals, businesses and organizations. Developers of document management and content management systems, information aggregators, government agencies, librarians and information science professionals all strive to enhance the usability and ease of access of their products and services.
Akendi is experienced in understanding the complex relationships that are in play when laypeople interact with technical products or complex information structures. We help our clients to mitigate the errors, frustrations and productivity loss that can result during those interactions.
Information Sciences Usability Design
Our work in information sciences markets has included these successful projects:
- Redesigned a large content-driven Internet site to effectively serve a diverse group of users with widely varying degrees of information literacy
- Designed intranets for libraries and corporations, including defining the vision and scope, conducting user research, and providing information architecture, content migration and tagging
- Created a research strategy for beta testing a large news/journal aggregator product to assess user needs against ease of use and cost
- Conducted contact point research to quickly assess the value and use of library products and services
- Trained library workers and information professionals in user-centered design methods, including scenario and persona creation as well as usability testing, including paper prototyping and participatory design
- Conducted stakeholder analysis and interviews to prioritize databases to support through federated search applications
Usability Design Consulting
Akendi provides these usability consulting services to information system builders, public libraries and educational institutions:
- Information Architecture
- Intranet & Portal design
- Interaction design
- Desktop GUI design
- Service Design
- Rich Internet Application Design
Please email Shaun Illingworth, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.866.585.1660 x0 for questions and more information about how we help optimize your user experience design, digital product design, physical product design, or wayfinding & signage.